We are reader supported. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Solar power banks are a great way to harness the sun’s energy to power everyday devices like smartphones or tablets. One of the most recommended brands on the market for these is BLAVOR. They have several models to choose from and offer fantastic craftsmanship.
But how do you charge a BLAVOR solar power bank? If you’ve ever used a solar power bank before, it charges much the same way as others. You simply put the mini panels into the sun and allow it to charge.
How Do You Charge a BLAVOR Solar Power Bank?
First, read the user manual, cover to cover, to understand the device in and out. Also, you’ll be able to learn how to best preserve the battery life, capacity and performance of your solar power bank.
With BLAVOR banks, you can charge them in one of two ways: the sun or electricity. How long each takes to charge will depend on the model you have. Smaller ones take a little less time than bigger ones. Also, electrical charging tends to be faster.
To charge it in the sun, you simply expose the panels on a sunny day and let it sit there for a few hours. For electrical charging, plug it into an outlet. In both instances, wait for the indicator to be full and then you can begin using it.
How Do You Know the Bank Is Full?
All versions of solar power banks by BLAVOR have four lights at the top of the device. These tell you how charged they are. Each light indicates 25% of a full charge. However, the fourth light only indicates up to 95% and not 100%. This is for safety reasons and so that you do not overcharge the power bank.
The indicator lights show how much charge the device has as follows:
- 4 lights: 95%
- 3 lights: 75%
- 2 lights: 50%
- 1 light: 25%
- 0 lights: 0%
How Do You Use a BLAVOR Solar Power Bank?
For most of BLAVOR’s solar power banks, you will be able to use your USB cord. Connect both ends of it; one into the power bank and the other into your device. In the event you have a larger model, there could be several types of USB ports available.
Make sure you put your charger in the appropriate amperage. If you don’t, you could burn out or damage the battery life of your device. Of course, the user manual will give you precise details.
How Do You Maintain the Bank’s Condition?
To ensure your BLAVOR solar power bank will always stay in top working order, follow these simple tips:
- Avoid allowing your solar power bank drain completely of energy. Not only will the device need more energy to get going, it will also put a drain on the inner workings of the device. That said, it is okay to let it drain completely once in a great while; just don’t do this as a normal mode of using it.
- Never overcharge your solar power bank, this will put too much pressure on the system. It can cause the battery life to wear out much faster than otherwise.
- Always store your solar power bank in a cool, dry place. Avoid putting in places where temperature fluctuations are severe, especially increases of temperature. Not only will this hurt the battery life it will drain any energy stored.
- Don’t maintain the device at a low charge for too long of a period of time. If you don’t think you’re going to use it, store it with at least a 50% charge.
- It’s better to charge devices with shorter cable lengths than longer ones. It will use up less energy from the solar bank this way. What’s more, it will provide for a faster charging time.
Charging your BLOVAR solar power bank isn’t difficult or intricate, but you do want to make sure you do things the right way. You can set out the mini solar panels right into the bright, clear sun or plug it into an electrical outlet. Just make sure you don’t store it at a low charge and avoid letting it drain out completely.
Can Solar Batteries Be Stored Outside?
Why Is There an On/Off Switch on Solar Lights?
Are Solar Powered Security Cameras Any Good?
Can a 12v Solar Panel Charge a 6v Battery?
Do Solar Power Banks Work? Read This First!